Monday, October 5, 2009

Juno

Ty gives **** stars

Title: Juno
Directed by Jason Reitman
Starring
Ellen Page
Michael Cera
Jennifer Garner
Jason Bateman
Release date December 25th 2007

So this movie passed me by when it first came out. A lot of people saw it. A lot of people loved it. I was like, "Okay... whatever." And never saw it nor did I think about this film until I came across it in the college library and the idea that I could see this famous film for free made me think about watching it. So I rented it and watched it and... it was cute. Not like, "That's a cute idea. Now get away from me." but cute as in... cute. I really enjoyed this film. It promoted adoption, so yay! If you have to read this review to find out what this movie is about... fail. What's wrong with you? Don't you read a newspaper or watch television? If not, here's the plot. 16 year old girl gets pregnant by the boy she lost her virginity to. Yup. That's it. And she gives her baby up for adoption. So if you're wondering, "Why would I or anyone waste their time watching a movie about this when I can look out in the neighborhood and see this?!" than you're missing the point. This movie is a story about one girls perspective about pregnancy. This film is funny and smart and I think really, really, true. I think when people look back at the decade between 2000 and 2010 and ask, "What style of films came out in this decade?" I would say honest ones. Truthful ones. Ones that weren't always about beautiful people living in a beautiful world, but actors portraying real people living through real life in a world that's different than your own. If you get a chance, watch Juno. Whenever you have a chance to see the world from someone else's point of view, I dare you to take a look. You might see something you've missed or see something in someone else's life that you've seen or felt in your own life. This film gives you one of those rare chances, and you get to see how one girl chose to give her baby to a mom who wanted a child for her own who couldn't have one. This film is about love. Self-sacrificing, unselfish love to a mom from one little teenage girl who got pregnant. Who wouldn't want to watch that?

No comments:

Post a Comment